All three events (50K, 50M and 100M) will start at the Minnekahta Trailhead to the Mickelson Trail (approximately 10 miles west of Hot Springs, near the intersection of U.S. Highway 18 and S.D. Highway 89).
All three events will finish at the Mueller Center in Hot Springs.
- About every 4-5 miles for a total of 12 aid stations, 8 of which will be visited twice (for the 100M).
- 100 Mile Turnaround -Hill City Trailhead.
- 50 Mile Turnaround – between the Pringle and Carroll Creek aid stations (exact location will be clearly marked).
- 50 K Turnaround – between the Argyle Loop and Lime Kiln aid stations (again, location will be clearly marked).
- CLICK HERE for more information on Aid Stations
Race Rules & Information
- NO LITTERING
- Pets must be leashed at all times.
- If your runner drops from the race, make certain that proper procedures have been followed: THE RUNNER OR CREW MUST NOTIFY RACE PERSONNEL AT ONCE AT THE CLOSEST MANNED AID STATION.
- Pacers are allowed for 100 Milers, Pacers may begin running with their runner, at the Hill City aid station (mile 48.9), or anywhere beyond that point. CLICK HERE for a Pacer Request Form (if you need a pacer)
- Handlers will be able to meet runners along the trail at any aid station.
- CLICK HERE for more rules and info
- Average Daily Temps for late August: 87 high, 54 low
- CLICK HERE to view Hot Springs monthly average temperatures
- View the Course Maps & Elevation Chart
- 100 Mile finishers will receive a belt buckle (special buckle for sub-24 finishers)
- 50M and 50K finishers will receive a finisher’s medal
- The top 3 overall finishers and the top 3 finishers in each age group will receive awards for all distances
- Age group awards will be in 10 yr increments